Late spring in New Zealand’s South Island is pure joy for garden lovers!
Join garden writer and photographer Kim Woods Rabbidge on a journey through breathtaking countryside visiting world-renowned gardens. En route you’ll visit galleries, heritage properties and vineyards, and dine in acclaimed restaurants.
We join the owners in several of New Zealand’s most treasured private gardens for refreshments. Learn about their dreams, trials and triumphs, and the unique regions in which they grow.
We begin in picturesque Queenstown, travel across Central Otago to Dunedin, the university city by Otago Harbour, head north through Canterbury pastures to recovering, colonial Christchurch, and finish our tour in Marlborough, renown for exceptional wines.
- Meet the owners in some of the country’s most exceptional gardens.
- Experience heritage and avant-garde architecture, art, andthe work of local artisans.
- Enjoy the breathtaking landscapes of New Zealand’s South Island.
- Dine in award-winning restaurants.
- Relax over meals and refreshments in gorgeous gardens.
- Stay in 4-5 star accommodation where available.
- Travel in comfort by coach with a knowledgeable local driver.
For an itinerary message firstname.lastname@example.org with your email or visit Opulent Journeys for more details. I hope you can join us!
Not far from Queenstown we venture out to Joe Wakelin’s garden for a stroll and morning tea. Jo, who’s a lecturer in horticulture, has created a garden to thrive in fickle weather and inhospitable conditions. Her garden encompasses many native species, embracing the call of the wild.
If only I was younger, how I’d love it. Sounds amazing. Thank you for sending me the information. Mary
Dear Kim, It all sounds wonderful. Wish I could come. Lots of love, Margie. xxx